CARB - OVER 166.Carbon Removing Compound.
Code : P00192 | | (SDS)
CARB-OVER-166 covers one grade of a single phase type liquid carbon removing compound for soak tank use in softening and facilitating effective removal of carbon, gum and other surface contaminants (except rust and corrosion) from items such as automotive pistons, carburetors, fuel pumps and engine assemblies with degreasing solvent.
CARB-OVER-166 meets the requirement of U.S. Military Specification P-C – 111 D TYPE II ready to use liquid.
Flash point: > boiling point
pH: > 11,4
Specific gravity: 1,00 ± 0,03
Chlorine derivatives: None
Water, percent by volume: 55 ± 3
Monoethanolamine: 21.0 min.
Ethylene glycol monoethyl ether: Negative
Glycol ethers, percent by volume: > 17%
Phenolic and cresylic acids or their salts: Negative
- This compound is ready for use. Do not add solvent or water.
- Fill cleaning bath to a reference mark with fresh compound.
- Before soaking item in compound, remove all loose grease, dirt and oil with a degreasing solvent (kerosene, Stoddard solvent, etc.). Place objects to be cleaned in a wire basket or hang them by a wire so as to be off the bottom and completely immersed.
- Soak for 2 to 16 hours as necessary to remove or loosen carbon. Raise items slowly, allowing for drainage. Rinse with water, kerosene or solvent. To effectively remove carbon, brush with a stiff bristle brush under running hot water.
- Make – up liquid and drag out replacement:
a) Fill tank with fresh cleaner and mark level permanently after reaching operating temperature (do not use at temperature above 130 o F).
b) After work is completed for the day, add make – up liquid (see paragraph (e) for composition) in the amount calculated by multiplying the number of hours of operation by the factor determined in (f).
c) After adding make – up liquid, add original cleaner until liquid is at the original tank level to correct for drag out.
d) Before starting operations for the day, when bath reaches operating temperature add make – up liquid if needed.
e) Make – up liquid consists of 3 gallons ethyleneglycol monobutyl ether, and 3 pints monoethanolamine to every 45 gallons water. Mix thoroughly. This must be used to restore cleaner to original composition and maintain activity.
f) Determine loss by evaporation to be replaced by make – up liquid by the following procedure:
- Bring tank with cleaner to operating temperature. Mark original tank level permanently.
- Maintain at operating temperature for 4 hours.
- Determine number of gallons of make – up liquid needed to restore tank to marked level.
- Divide this number by 4, to determine number of gallons of make – up liquid to be added per every hour of operation.
Instead of using make- up liquid you can use our product CARB –OVER – 166 Additive, which is ready for use.